Welcome to one of my favorite topics: Creating Personal Brand Pillars!
I want you to imagine that your personal brand is a sandbox. You bring all of your favorite toys into your sandbox that are ALSO really fun and interesting to your friend that is in the sandbox with you. Your friend is your target dream avatar.
The magnetic magic in your personal brand pillars is finding the overlap between your personal passions, interests, and skills and the needs, desires, and interests of your ideal customer, client, or partner. This is where the personal brand magic happens.
Too often we wait to get everything perfect to get started and all that does is waste our time and our opportunity to learn and get better. Get out there and just do this. You can go back in and adjust, add and delete. We are all works in progress.
My own online brand has changed and evolved so much over the years. In the beginning, it was very broadly defined because I was working primarily with people one-on-one in NYC and not online. Once I started social selling, I played around, looking for what felt most authentic and I learned along the way. Your brand can evolve with you. It’s okay to evolve, to pivot and refine. Assume that this stuff is never done because you are always growing and evolving!
Brand Pillar Description
Let’s look at my brand pillar:
I am a multiple six-figure online wellness entrepreneur mama, teaching stressed-out network marketers and solopreneurs how to rock magnetic personal brand marketing and build attraction marketing mindsets.
This is my brand pillar description. Now, let’s break it down:
- I’m a multiple six-figure online wellness entrepreneur = I know what I’m doing, I am speaking from experience, I’ve built a really successful business, you can trust me
- I’m a mama = I want you to know I’m an entrepreneur mama and value family and balancing work with motherhood
- My target is stressed out network marketers and solopreneur = this is a broad description of my target audience
- I’m teaching magnetic personal brand marketing = magnetic comes from my belief in the law of attraction and the idea that what we put out we get back all the time, no exception
This took time. I wrote it down, I tightened it up, I cleaned it up, I added words, I took out words. This is my internal brand marketing statement and if you go look at my Instagram bio, it will say a variation of this; if you go look at my Facebook profile, it will say another variation of this. This is my internal brand marketing statement that shows up on different social media feeds and varies by platform.
Okay, let’s go back to the sandbox. Your brand pillars are games you are playing in the sandbox and your content are the rules of the game.
Let’s do a little brand pillars exercise. I want you to think of three to five brand pillars. No more than five. No less than three.
My five pillars are:
- Priorities. I’m a busy mom with a lot of interests. I do this business because I love it but I also want to have a life and be present for my friends and my family.
- Mindset. I believe in a growth mindset. I believe in personal development. I believe in the law of attraction.
- Self-care. Managing stress, my meditation and mindfulness practice, etc. This is where my wellness business sits.
- Community. I really believe that authentic great female friendships are the key to life, and healthy boundaries and healthy relationships are the key to your overall happiness.
- Personal branding and magnetic mindset. This is where this content falls into.
Once you start to do this, this becomes the way you find, source, and produce your content. If it doesn’t fall in here, it doesn’t belong on your social media feeds.
Look at your social media feed through the lens of if someone just found your page. Would they be able to tell what you are about or would it be very confusing? If it’s confusing, start making some adjustments.
Next week I will share with you how you can find good content!
Hopefully, this has sparked some curiosity in you and if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with me.
In the meantime, remember, you are magnetic and people are waiting to hear what you have to say.