A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of seeing Esther and Abraham Hicks in Stanford, Connecticut.
Esther Hicks is the conduit of the Law of Attraction lessons from a group of souls called Abraham. What you read here today may not be congruent with your current belief set, but I am asking you to keep an open mind. Because when we let our set of beliefs get in the way of something that could really teach us something, we’re just pinching off what’s available to us in terms of wisdom and knowledge. I’m sure that so much of what I’m going to say is going to resonate with you somehow. I would also invite you to share these with someone you love. There are a lot of people walking around in their own personal pain and in stories that they’ve decided to stick with when we could really let things go and live the life of our dreams. That’s what I want for all of us.
Magnetic Marketing and Mindset
The name of my podcast is The Magnetic Marketing and Mindset Show because I believe that if you want to build a business and you want to attract the people, the opportunities, the experiences like a magnet, the biggest barrier to that are the stories that you’re telling yourself; aka your mindset.
I believe fully in the law of attraction. I’ve seen it in action and it always blows my mind when it happens. What I do know is the more I work on my mindset and my relationship with my soul, the happier I am, the more joyful my life is, and there is more abundance that comes in.
Over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to dig into different topics and some really fun lessons from Abraham. Today, I want to talk to you about feeling out of alignment, feeling negative emotions, and why that can be a blessing.
Whenever you’re feeling a negative emotion it’s because you’re out of alignment with what your inner source knows to be true and those can be great teaching moments for you.
For example, I see some people on social media, who are entrepreneurs, and I find them to be very negative and politically motivated. There’s a part of me that can’t believe that they are actually running their business in a way that’s so negative because it goes against everything I believe in how we should show up in the world. My belief is to be a light for others to follow and I feel so strongly about that. So, when I see someone that is in direct opposition to that, it can fire me up in a way that can get me distracted.
What are the lessons Abraham Hicks shared?
- My only job is to show up as my best self. I’m not supposed to be in charge of other people’s experiences on this planet. The way that I serve others is by showing up as my best self. It is a reminder to myself to go be me more and to shine a brighter light. It’s also a great reminder for me to stay in my purpose and passion.
- It helps me remember that the only relationship that matters is between me and myself and what feels good. If I’m letting myself get distracted by things that don’t feel good, that’s not a good use of my energy and it’s draining me. So, it’s a good reminder to get myself back to where I want to be.
- When you see what you don’t want, it reinforces what you do want. When you see people acting in a way that’s not how you would behave, it’s a reminder to go be more of who you are. As soon as I remember that, I feel better and feeling better is the way to getting everything you want. If you’re feeling frustrated, it tells you that you’re not where you’re supposed to be. Because if it was right, it would feel great.
4. Would you rather be right than happy? We all have beliefs that we feel very strongly about. We have our core beliefs and we can fight against something to be right, and make ourselves miserable in the process OR we can go be happy. That puts us back into alignment of where we want our energy to go.
5. It’s a great reminder of your purpose. The purpose is to stay in a space of what feels good. That is your purpose. You don’t have to have a grand purpose to change the world. Your purpose is to stay in a place where you feel like you’re really serving your most authentic self. The rest will come.
Sometimes Frustration is Exactly What You Need
Anyone who has followed Abraham Hicks knows what the rockets of desire are.
There are several steps to asking and receiving from the universe. The first is seeing something you want and asking for it. That almost always comes from a feeling of contrast or conflict. I’m sure you can count the times when you felt super frustrated and that pain point is what launched the thing that was next for you.
I’ll give you my own example. I was with a traditional network marketing company before I started my e-commerce business. I was frustrated because my business wasn’t growing and my team wasn’t growing. I was bored. But I was teaching classes in New York City as a personal trainer, so I decided to just let it be. But then Covid hit and all I had was this business that was bringing me zero joy.
So, I sat with it, trying to attract things but hitting a bunch of dead ends. But sometimes you’ve got to just try a bunch of paths to get to where you’re supposed to be going. I needed things to get quiet and I needed to get frustrated. That was a Thursday. On Monday morning, I found out about the opportunity I’m in right now. Suddenly I had such clarity! It was literally like a direct download and a feeling that this was what I had asked for. This has led me into so many areas of growth where I’ve been able to really teach people about marketing in a way that gives me so much joy. It’s helped me solidify my magnetic mindset.
So, sometimes your frustration is exactly what you need! Think of it like a little slingshot to just link that desire up to the universe.
Stories That You’re Telling Yourself
The last source of frustration I want to share with you is the stories that you’re telling yourself.
We all do it. It’s very hard to live on this planet, at this moment in time, and not compare yourself and feel like you have to be in competition with other people and like you’re not enough. There is a world of “not enoughness” out there and it can just put you in such a space of scarcity.
When you find yourself telling those stories, it means that your source at your soul level knows that that’s not true. Your job is to start working on the stories you’re telling yourself, figuring out what self-limiting stories you are holding on to and carrying around like a badge of honor.
Are you going to hold on to those or are you going to drop them and just let good things come in? That is what gets in your way! That is what makes you feel bad because a belief is simply a story you’ve been telling yourself for too long. Your belief is what dictates your actions and your actions dictate your outcomes. So, if you’ve got some self-limiting beliefs, this is where the work is. Keep in mind, when it feels really good, you’re going to go and you’re going to go fast.
Hopefully, this has sparked some curiosity in you and if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me.
In the meantime, remember, you are magnetic and people are waiting to hear what you have to say.